March 26th, 2017

Tagged. Here.

Lost, are we? Why else would you be here? It isn’t as if this blog gets updated even on a monthly basis. One could not possibly explain a visit to this blog by stating one’s deep desire to find out what the latest update was about, or by maintaining  just how interesting one found this place continuously. The last update here was a month ago. The update before last was four months before that, and the one preceding that a good five months earlier. Yet, you are here. We know that for a fact. You have to be here if you are reading this, and if you are here one has to wonder what it is that brings you here. All evidence suggests you are lost in this virtual labyrinth, and have come to this dreadful dead-end in your quest to find your way to whatever it is you are trying to find your way to. Or perhaps you are not lost. If you are not lost, chances are you are here because you have been sent here by the kindly people who tag me in the hope of jump starting me back into regular blogging. Don’t ask me why they would want that. Beats me. I wouldn’t  jump-start my blogging.

As matters stand, Owl has tagged me thus: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 16 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 16 people to be tagged.

Owlie, now that I have got around to doing this tag, you owe me a big tray of those delicious date cookies of yours – simply because I have refrained from blogging all this while because I have not felt like putting my shortcomings up for public scrutiny, and now you are getting me to put 16 of them here. Here goes then:

1. I have not the faintest idea how to go about this. This is random enough.

2. I once made a paper plane that was airborne for far longer than it is appropriate for a paper plane to be. I was seven then, and never took that as a sign for me to take up engineering.

3. I have never played any sport regularly, except perhaps Soccer which I played from 6th standard till the 12th. We called it football, and I still do. I am calling it soccer for your convenience. Communication is a strong point with me. I used to play goalkeeper. I was the default goalkeeper because I was too bad at any other position. Eventually, I improved my goal keeping – to the extent where I was nominated the official goal keeper for the 9th standard team. I was also in the 9th standard then. Just in case you wondered. I stopped playing after I conceded 11 goals in the 20-minute recess playing against the 9th standard boys. I was in the 12th standard at the time.

4. Communication is a strong point with me – and yet, my communication skills seem to have been on a downhill ride for the past couple of years.

5. I often forget what I was saying, and when I do remember what I was saying I forget who I was saying it to. Often I also forget why I was saying what I was saying. My life has become an exercise in putting the pieces of my conversational puzzles together.

6. I am a terrible listener. Yet, there are those whom I love listening to -  so much so that I refuse to answer phones when I am listening to them.

7. I have learned to stay away from swimming and all manner of water-sport. Of the three occasions I have ventured into a swimming pool, I have been dragged out by the life guard on two occasions. The only time I summoned the courage to wade into the sea, I had to be rescued by Jalali Baba. The sea was not more than 6 feet deep at that spot.

8. Water and dogs hate me. They sense and smell my fear respectively. I love water. I don’t hate dogs. Such a pity dogs don’t read – or else perhaps this admission could have cleared decades of unnecesary bad blood. If you have a dog, let him know. Help spread the word, save the world etc…

9. There was a time when I had not a single trouser in my wardrobe which was not torn at the knees – an understandable consequence of my reliance on a motor-bike to get about the town.

10. A motor bike accident was also the reason for my closest brush with a sad demise. When the truck came to a halt, they had to drag me out from under it by the ankles. The twin-tyres left a lasting mark on ribcage area, which looks like the map of Lahore I think; and a patch of hair missing on my head. I was 19. It was a garbage truck hence the ‘sad’ preceding ‘demise’. I was on a bike the next afternoon, and was duly given a dressing down by my sister-in-law upon my return. The incident also taught me that I won’t die until it is time for me to die. And when it is time for me to die, I will die. In that way, it helped prepare me for death.

11. I have always had OCD. Or something bordering on OCD.

12. Music brings tears to my eyes. Sometimes.

13. Onions do too. Quite often.

14. As does a punch on my nose. Always.

15. On the down side, I lack discipline, punctuality, wisdom, survival instinct, competitiveness, a deep knowledge of any subject, ability to control my appetite, and enough water in my system.

16. On the upside, I do not lack compassion. I love easily and deeply. I try to forgive easily.  Alhamdulilah.

And now to tag 16 people who have not been tagged already. I don’t think there are 16 bloggers out there who will respond if I tag them, but if you are reading this, even if you arrived here after getting lost, you are tagged.

Additionally, A, Saadat, Asma, and Adnan you are all tagged.

15 Responses to 'Tagged. Here.'

1. 1gh
    January 30th, 2009 at 8:02 pm

Knick! A nice write up -thumbs up for 12,13 and 14.
    Keep updating on regular basis.

After reading your post, i went through JBs’ kitchen tales and related comments – such a lively and refreshing chat that was!

2. 2adnan.
    January 31st, 2009 at 4:56 am

but sir, i have already been tagged.

what do i do now?

3. 3knicq
    January 31st, 2009 at 7:41 pm

He he. I hadn’t seen that. So what does the tagging protocol dictate now? Do you update another 16 random facts about yourself? Or do I go and tag another? If it were my call, I would go with the former :)

4. 4knicq
    January 31st, 2009 at 7:49 pm

gh: Thank you for the thumbs up. I do hope I can bring some kind of regularity to the updating – and take the regularity out of not updating.

No chat with or about JB is ever less than refreshing. Its a pity he refuses to update. :(

5. 5Mahwish
    February 2nd, 2009 at 11:39 am

I would like to know, WHEN did u get punched on the nose??

6. 6baji
    February 3rd, 2009 at 6:30 pm

10 cool points for usage of the word ‘trousers.’ now this makes 5 comments on this post! mabrook!

7. 7knicq
    February 4th, 2009 at 12:08 am

Oh hey Baji! Welcome to good old knicqland. :)

Thanks for the cool points – I treasure them.

5! The magic number – the psychological barrier. I think I am beginning to like this updating business again. And you will get blamed for it :)

8. 8baji
    February 4th, 2009 at 3:43 pm

i’ll be happy to take the blame. and feel free to visit any time – after a brief (3 mo) hiatus, i think i am beginning to like this updating business again. :)

9. 9knicq
    February 5th, 2009 at 3:02 am

He he Baji. I hope, for my own sake, there is something to blame you for. You need to show me how to convert the liking-this-updating-business into actual updating-business. I seem to have a mental block of sorts beyond the liking part. Thankfully, there is none of that with you.

Loved the 25 by the way :)

10. 10baji
    February 5th, 2009 at 7:18 am

i have found that not composing fully formed and intelligent and thought-provoking posts goes a long way in encouraging the actual updating business. that’s why i have many posts (which let people know i’m still alive and have some random thought passing through my tumbleweed-filled head) even if not every post is a masterpiece. or even one post. ;)

11. 11To Pluto and back… « Knicq
    February 6th, 2009 at 3:31 am

[...] sharing today – sharing little bits of information about myself that actual mean something and not the random facts which carry little or no value to me or to the [...]

12. 12knicq
    February 7th, 2009 at 1:50 am

Mahwish: I have no idea why your comment was asked to step aside please by my commenting system – I found it languishing in the spam list. Good thing I checked too!

You ask a very vague and unqualified question. Either that or you are under the impression that this rather unpleasant development was a ‘one hit wonder’.

Let me leave you with this thought – so many times was my nose coming in contact with fists that there was a general opinion in my friends that the nose jab to the fist was my secret fighting technique.

13. 13knicq
    February 9th, 2009 at 11:08 am

Baji: I tried your formula and it worked! For now at least… turns out my ‘masterpieces’ are not very much different from the not-thought-out rambling ons. But then again, all I ever do is ramble on :)

Yours, on the other hand, are often masterpieces in their own right. :)

14. 14Sib
    March 4th, 2009 at 12:19 pm

I cannot be tagged. Even though I *did* stumble upon here after a very long time. Because I dont blog! :-D

15. 15knicq
    March 4th, 2009 at 12:58 pm

Oh hey Sib! Welcome back again. I bet you can be tagged. There is always a way out. Might I suggest two?

1. Why not start a blog? This tag would be most wonderful to start with, it could count as 25 mini-updates about you. :)

2. Or you could just email (knicqq@gmail.com) me the tag, and I can always update it on this blog. We could certainly do with an update :)

Leave a Response

Imhotep theme designed by Chris Lin. Proudly powered by Wordpress.
XHTML | CSS | RSS | Comments RSS